Tuesday, August 24, 2010

MEDIA OVERHAUL


There seems to be so much to do and never enough time to do it all. I did, however, accomplish one thing so far this week - updating the portfolio on the design gallery page of The Bell House website.

I put together one digital image in order to showpiece a program I did for Out On a Limb Dance Company for the Out of the Loop Festival in 2009. I didn't want to upload all the pages individually, so I created one document to show the layout and uploaded that. Turned out pretty good.

We'll be auditioning for a photoshoot to create new images for Bell House mid-September. I'll be inviting area artists to participate in exchange for free images that they can use for their own purposes. The ideas that the BHA creative team have come up with for this shoot are amazing and will be exciting and challenging to capture. I'm finding a lot of inspiration from Laurent Ziegler, a brilliant photographer/video artist with an impressively abundant resumé. Under the collective name of un|still, Laurent's work ranges from dance, portraits, documentary, and art projects. And she simply signs her eNewletter with:

laurent ziegler
photographer

© copyright 2010 by laurent ziegler

There are many changes to the look and feel of our media coming. Just plugging away one thing at a time, which is all I can do these days and still not miss out on my two boys.

photo by Maranda Blumenthal

~Rachel

No comments: